Wednesday, August 25, 2010

What Do You Think?

I would like to get some feedback from all of you. Whenever I discuss my plans with someone new and show them a picture of what a Locost looks like, one of the first things they usually ask is "What color are you going to paint it?" Well, Being more the mechanic and engineer type, I really hadn't given it much thought. As long as the project is sort of on the back burner 'til I get some other stuff out of the way, I thought I might as well at least decide what to do about the car's graphics.

The two pictures to the right are what I came up with. The top one was my first idea. This one goes back to my dirt-track days, and is the basic scheme that I used for my Figure-8 race car. Yellow-on-bright blue (sort of like Dale Earnhart's "Wrangler" car of the late "70"s) was chosen for visibility on the Figure-8 track. I wanted the other guys to see me when I was coming into the intersection. Apparently it worked. I never did get involved in an intersection wreck! I also thought that the visibility factor would be a great idea with a small sports car that's not much bigger than a large motorcycle.

Next, I thought that increasing the yellow-to-blue ratio might increase the visibility, so I came up with the paint scheme seen in the second picture. Although the yellow-on-blue was my first thought, I believe that was more a nostalgia thing than anything else. I think the reversed (B-O-Y) color pattern will actually increase the noticeability of the car.

Now, what I would like from you is your honest opinion of which color you prefer. Please keep in mind that these colors are not the precise shades I will use, only as close as my computers pallette will allow. Also, the stripes are just a hasty cut-and-paste job, not an exact representation.

So, look at the pictures, and let me know what you think by leaving a comment here, on my Facebook, or E-mail me. Any other comments, ideas, or suggestions are most welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment