Tuesday, July 27, 2010

More Good News!

One thing that you must keep in mind is this. Despite my love of sports car, most of my experience has been with American iron, primarily Chevrolet. I'm still very much on the steep part of the learning curve when it comes to Japanese sports cars. Because of this, I have been doing a lot of research to learn the ins and outs of Mazda Miatas. Now here's the good news. Apparently when Mazda increased the Miata's engine to 1.8 liters, they also beefed up the differential. This I knew. What I didn't know was they also enlarged the brakes. The front discs were increased to 10" from 9.25", and the rears went from 9.125" to 9.875". This means the brakes from my '99 should work very well at retarding the forward velocity of a vehicle as light as my Locost. I consider this to be very good news. I should have world class deceleration without the expense of world class brakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment