Wednesday, July 21, 2010

This Is Going To work Out Very Nicely!


I am SO blessed! First, after a day or two to recover from the trip to Kansas, I started to check out the Miata to find out just what I had bought. The poor car has definitely seen some harsh duty. I believe the cowboys would say "she was rode hard and put up wet". Still, it has everything that I need! The damage to the right front suspension seems to be confined to the A-arms, the wheel, and the frame (none of which I need). It has three good wheels, four good tires, and a good spare, all of which are immensely saleable. With the exception of the R/F fender, the body is still pretty straight, and all the windows, lights, lenses, etc. are good. The convertible top is good and the interior is fair. I did a "quick and dirty" inventory, then ran it through some car parts websites. I should easily be able to part it out and sell the unneeded stuff for $1000 more than I paid for the car. That will really help keep my "7" a Locost. Besides all the stuff that I don't need, The car has an extra engine and trans. The engine is partly dismantled and in boxes, but it's all there. Under the hood, there is a K&N air filter and someone has installed a remote oil filter along with a secondary oil pressure gauge. I have been praying about this since I decided to go forward with the project, and I truly believe that the Lord has answered my prayers. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper.

Secondly, I got to take a ride with Keith Tanner of "Cheap Sports Car" fame in his "7" ( courtesy of "Photo Shop". I can dream, can't I?). Someday, I'll take Keith for a ride in mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment