Wednesday, April 27, 2011

PARTS ACQUISITION !

OK, our first honest-to-goodness "Locost" part. Up until now our parts acquisition has consisted of some raw materials (steel tube) and a wrecked Miata. I am now in the process of obtaining a nosecone for the body of the car. If you will recall, the major part of the body is simply aluminum sheet, riveted to the frame. There are, however, six fiberglass pieces needed to complete things. They are the four fenders, the scuttle (or cowl), and the nosecone. The nosecone is probably the most sculpted piece and the one that really establishes the character of the car. I felt confident that I could make molds for the fenders if necessary, and probably the scuttle, but the nosecone, I knew, would probably have to be bought. I have located a nosecone that was cloned from a Lotus 7, Series 2 . The price is right, and it is relatively local so shipping won't be a problem. I should have it in a few weeks and will post pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment